Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
From PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Wiki
|"Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)"|
The following are the official Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for BATTLEGROUNDS.
FAQ[edit | edit source]
Game:[edit | edit source]
- Q: What is BATTLEGROUNDS? | A: BATTLEGROUNDS is PLAYERUNKNOWN’s first standalone game. More info here.
- Q: How much will the game cost? | A: $29.99
- Q: What Anti-cheat does PUBG use? | A: BattlEye with a mix of their own created anti-cheat system.
- Q: Is the game 64 bit or 32 bit? | A: 64 bit
- Q: Linux or Apple? | A: These platforms aren't in top priority for the developers right now since the player base is small and putting resources into now isn't worth it. Windows version first.
- Q: What game engine is it running? | A: It's running on Unreal Engine 4.
- Q: Console? | A: Yes! We will primarily be concentrating on developing and launching a complete PC version. Since we are using Unreal Engine 4, we have the option to launch on Xbox One and PS4.
- Q: How big is the map? | A: 8x8 km map
- Q: Why is game so familiar? | A: It's a mixture of PLAYERUNKNOWN'S mods from Arma 2/3 and PLAYERUNKNOWN'S licensed Battle Royale mode in H1Z1 KotK.
- Q: e-Sports? | A: PUBG wants to have 4 major events (maybe 4 times a year) for the top players on the leaderboards, alongside with the big streamers and YouTubers to raise serious money for charities. Then, with the custom servers (later on down the road), you will have the ability to rent servers with leaderboards attached so that people can host their own leagues on their own servers.
Ranking:[edit | edit source]
- Q: What is the ranking system? | A: ELO
- Q: Stream snipers are killing me, how is PUBG going to combat that in ranking? | A: PUBG will have ranked and unranked servers. But, throughout Early Access you will be put on the ranking system. Once ELO is fine tuned after Early Access, all the noobs that are trying to kill you and ruin your experience, they will be put on different servers according to your ranking. So these stream snipers will never be in a game with you anymore.
Weapons:[edit | edit source]
- Q: How many weapons right now (March 2017)? | A: 20 main weapons in total (not including melee weapons).
- Q: Are more weapons coming to the game? | A: Yes, more weapons are planned.
Gameplay:[edit | edit source]
- Q: How close to "real life" values are the current (Closed Beta / February - March) drop/velocities? | A: "The initial velocity is same as IRL but without drag, the drop is a bit lower."
- Q: Bullet physics? | A: "We are working on implementation of drag, penetration and deflection."
- Q: Destruction? | A: Yes, there's destruction. As of right now, you can blow up doors, Vehicles blow up and you can knock down fences with a vehicle. Later on, PU wants the hunting sheds/huts to be destructible.
- Q: Is it like H1Z1 where if you jump out of the car you don't get hurt? | A: No, you get damaged depending on the speed or you die.
- Q: Attachments? It's been stated that attachments change the gun? How so? | A: Take the silencer for example. See one on the ground? Pick it up, the silencer reduces the distance you can hear the shot from to about 350m, so if they shot at you past that distance you wouldn't hear where the shot came from. All everyone else hears is a muffled shot, but that muffled shot you can be picked out if you listen closely to it (so be warned if anyone is near you).
- Q: Can you change the tire on a vehicle with a spare tire if one tire is punctured? | A: No
Clothing:[edit | edit source]
- Q: Any cosmetics? | A: "What were planning to do, is to add purchasable cosmetic items (like clothes/skins) via crates, this will allow us to create free DLC packs down the road." Mircotransactions are coming after Early Access.
Servers/Gamemodes:[edit | edit source]
- Q: What type of servers is PUBG currently using? | A: Amazon Webservices (AWS)
- Q: What's the server tick rate? | A: 60Hz, but due to unoptimized servers it does not go that high right now. But they are aiming to have all the servers run at 60Hz.
- Q: Will the servers be in each region? | A: If the demand is high enough they can spin up servers in each region.
- Q: If someone queues behind me when I enter matchmaking, will they enter the same server? | A: No, they will be put into different servers.
- Q: Mod support? | A: Yes, Mod support is coming at 'Full Release' and they will have Steam Workshop support as well.
- Q: If I team in Solo servers will I get banned? | A: Yes, you will be banned/suspended (depending on the circumstance).
- Q: What gamemodes are in the game? | A: Regular (3rd and 1st person) and Hardcore (1st person only, Coming Soon)
- Q: What type of servers are there? | A: Solo, Duo, SQUADS (team up in groups of 2, 3 or 4 players, or if you prefer, you can still play solo and take on everyone alone) and War (like from Arma 3 BR; a tdm style gamemode but with a BR ending, coming soon).
Other:[edit | edit source]
- Q: Where is the PUBG Studio? | A: It's based in Korea, but a few people are working in Seattle, WA, USA.
- Q: How many people are in the studio working on PUBG? | A: 35 people in the studio and around 5 freelancers.
- Q: BATTLEGROUNDS is being designed by Bluehole, what does their studio look like? | A: View of the studio - https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/780668907833008133
Early Access:[edit | edit source]Q: Why Early Access?
A: “Early Access is a great platform as it gives us the ability to get feedback from new players, as well as our existing community on new and existing content. PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS is being developed with full transparency to our players, and we will make adjustments and additions based directly on their comments. Feedback from two alphas and a closed beta test, along with responses from a broader group, will guide us in the creation and addition of new content and gameplay tuning.
One of the ways we’ll use Early Access is to test Custom Games by giving certain players the ability to create their own versions of Battle Royale. This includes the option of setting the number of teammates, the type of weather, looting limitations and various other game options. Our initial goal is to test this feature among a smaller group of players and if all goes well, we’ll gradually roll it out to everyone. We’ll have more details on Custom Games once we begin implementing this feature.”
Q: How long is Early Access? | A: 6 months