About BATTLEGROUNDS[edit | edit source]
PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG) is a competitive survival shooter developed/published by Bluehole in cooperation with Brendan Greene (PLAYERUNKNOWN) as the Creative Director, PUBG is Greene's first standalone game.
Players are dropped into a wide, open area, and they must fight to the death - all while the battlefield shrinks, adding pressure to all in its grip. Use a variety of interesting weapons and vehicles amid the BATTLEGROUNDS. "Killing off another player cuts down on your competition, but it also offers up the opportunity to grab some loot. Your character can only carry around a limited amount of gear, so there are important questions to ask whenever you come across new items. Would a helmet be more beneficial in the longterm than a couple of med kits? Is it better to stick with your current 9mm pistol, or hold out hope that you'll be able to find ammo for a found 12 gauge shotgun?"
BATTLEGROUNDS is running on Unreal Engine 4, players take on the Battle Royale experience on a 8x8 km map called "Erangel." BATTLEGROUNDS is a good balance between Arma 3 and H1Z1.
Background/back story?[edit | edit source]
Features?[edit | edit source]
- Battleye integration
- Solo, Duo, SQUAD, and War (coming soon) game modes.
- Spectating support for Team servers when you die.
- Hardcore (1st person only) and Regular (3rd w/ 1st person availability) servers.
- Wide range of weapons ranging from Assault Rifles, Submachine Guns, Sniper Rifles, Large Machine Guns, Shotguns, Pistols and Melee Weapons.
- Weapon customization
- Character customization
- Military in-game gear ranging from Backpacks, Helmets, One Piece Suits and Vests.
- Cosmetic Items ranging from Jackets, Masks, Glasses, Pants, Shoes, Shirts and more. For more, head to the Equipment Wiki.
- Ability to eject from the plane whenever you want.
- PUBG Partners get their own custom servers.
- and more
Features, coming soon?[edit | edit source]
- All MOCAP animations
- Modding Support (create your own gamemodes, maps, etc)
- Renting Servers (like in the Battlefield series)
- Having any user create their own league
- Game replay (to see your full game; see how you died, etc)
- A new map (but only after the first map is fully finished)
- and more
Spawning into the game?[edit | edit source]
When you spawn, everyone in the game gets put in on a small island where you wait x amount of minutes to load into the game (here to make the players load into the game properly with all the assets, etc.). After the time limit is up during the starting area, you get teleported in a paradrop plane, you get flown over an area and then you get thrown out of a plane with a parachute. Once landed, loot spawns in different areas, it's based on the Arma 3 model, it's all random. The loot system is a lot more in-depth than H1Z1, so there will be more time spent farming for better weapons/attachments/armor, etc.
What can the player hold?[edit | edit source]
Depending on the players gear (vest 1 - 3 and backpack 1 - 3) you can hold as much as you can carry in your slots. A player can hold 2 primary weapons, 1 pistol, 1 melee weapon and grenades.
Fun Facts -[edit | edit source]
- Q: Who came up with the map name Erangel? | A: The map name is PLAYERUNKNOWN's daughter name.
- Q: What about the motorcycle, I see a image on the side of it? | A: BikeMan's dad passed away, in honor of him on the side of the sidecar of the motorcycle, it has the picture of his dad.
- Q: What is player customization like? | A: Think Fallout 4 customization, not Reign of Kings/ARK. The people that are behind the customization are the those who did it in APB: Reloaded.
Game Development:[edit | edit source]
- Pre-Alpha | June - September 2016
- Alpha | October - December 2016
- Closed Beta | February - March 2017
- Steam Early Access | March 23rd 2017
- Full Release | ETA: 6 months from March 23rd
Other Wiki Links:[edit | edit source]